|Evaluation Termination of Pregnancy Act
Size 50.7 KB (PDF)
Size 115,5 KB (PDF)
Below you will find the most frequently asked questions about abortion. Please check first if you can find the answer to your particular question(s) here.
If your question is not on the list below, you can put it to us here. Your questions will be answered in the strictest confidentiality by one of the Association’s medical staff.
Please note that our mail service is under virus protection. This means that emails infected by viruses will not reach us.
1. You are afraid that you may be pregnant. What to do now?
2. What exactly is an abortion?
3. Is abortion legal in The Netherlands?
4. What if I am under 16?
5. Is an abortion painful?
6. How long does the abortion procedure take?
7. What exactly is the abortion pill?
8. What are the costs involved?
9. Will I get local or general anaesthesia?
10. What are the risks of an abortion?
11. Can I have children after an abortion?
12. Where can I turn for an abortion?
13. How long before I can have sex again?
14. After abortion, the best thing to do is to pick up your normal activities if you feel you can handle them.
15. Will I feel extremely guilty after the abortion?
16. Do I need to stay in bed after the abortion?
17. Can my partner or mother stay with me during the surgery?
18. Will anyone else know about the intended abortion?
19. When can I go back to work?
20. When is the best time to start contraception after the abortion?
21. Can I discuss my problem in confidence over the Internet?
22. Is there also help for men if they have problems about abortion?
23. Where can muslim girls go to have a hymen reconstruction carried out?